Wilderness Systems Tsunami Review
Recreational and Touring Kayak Buying Guide
Which is Best for Lakes: Recreational or Touring Kayak?
Beginners Guide to Recreational Kayak Gear
The aesthetics of the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 140 inspire performance and exploration with modern deck lines, while a focus on improving the paddler experience sees new features incorporated into the design the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 140 has two removable mesh deck storage bags that are perfect for stowing close-at-hand items, and an under-deck storage area provides another alternative for staging your favorite beverage. Small changes with big effects have also been integrated into the hull, the flared sidewalls and increased volume above the waterline have been improved to provide more confidence and stability, while the longer waterline has increased speed and efficiency.
|Length: 14' / 427 cm||Width: 25.5" / 65 cm|
|Boat Weight: 53 lbs. / 24 kg||Deck Height: 14" / 35.5 cm|
|Cockpit Length: 35.75" / 91 cm||Cockpit Width: 20" / 51 cm|
|Max Capacity: 325 lbs. / 147 kg|
- Rudder Ready Stern: Easily purchase and install a rudder for improved control and tracking.
- Stern Soft Carry Handle: Soft carry handles allow for a secure grip that is easy on the hands and comfortable at any angle.
- Stern Hatch: Larger rear hatch for easy storage of bulkier gear.
- Stern Bulkhead: Bulkhead inside stern allows for water resistant storage and floatation.
- Paddle Groove: Can be used for extra stability on shore when entering and exiting the boat.
- Phase 3 AirPro Tour Seat: The most comfortable kayak seat out there. The Tsunami's Phase 3 AirPro seat has improved adjustability allowing the seat to trim forward and back and has improved back strap routing for extra comfort.
- Under Deck Water Bottle Holder: Keep your water bottle close and out of the way. The holder tucks your water bottle up to the deck and keeps it clear for easy entry and exits.
- Deck Gear Pockets: Mesh Deck Gear Pockets keep your important smaller items secure and within easy reach.
- Bungee Deck Rigging: Adjust your deck rigging to fit safety gear, spare paddles or lunch.
- Sealed Bulkhead: Bulkhead inside bow allows for water resistant storage and floatation.
- Bow Hatch: Store your gear with confidence. The hatch allows for storage of your smaller gear inside the front of your Tsunami.
- Bow Soft Touch Handle: Soft carry handles allow for a secure grip that is easy on the hands and comfortable at any angle.