Repair cracks in plastic kayaks and canoes. Patch pinhole leaks or add d-rings to your inflatable or repair a damaged wood transom all with the G/flex 655-K Plastic Boat Repair Kit.
- The 655-K kit contains 4.5 oz. each of thickened G/flex 655 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1. It also includes two reusable mixing sticks/applicators, one pair disposable gloves, four alcohol cleaning pads, 10 mixing palettes and complete handling and repair instructions.
- Mixed G/flex 655 is of a "gel-toothpaste" consistency. It's still very spreadable, but stays put where it is applied.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, Cured G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
- At 72 degrees F pot life is 45 minutes. Working time is 75 minutes. It cures to a solid in three hours and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones.
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions that come with the kit are top notch.