We are pleased to announce that Aquabatics’ paddlesports programming will be up and running as of June 1st. This has been made possible due to your collective effort in these last two months, so thank you all!
Our team believes in the severity of this ongoing global situation and will do everything necessary to ensure the risk of COVID 19 transmission is as low as possible on our programs. We also strongly believe that in these times, paddling can offer a welcome positive outlet and is among the few activities that can be accomplished with effective social distancing.
So, with that all in mind, we want to give you an update on how things are going to look for us on the water throughout the provinces slated stage 1 reopening.
- We are strictly following all the government recommendations and guidelines for Stage 1 outdoor recreation operations
- Our Instructors will go through training to ensure full adoption of COVID 19 protocols, and will be required to pass a health screen every morning
- Our storage container and covered trailers will be limited to 1 employee at any time and off limits to customers
- We are offering discounts on private courses which could be an individual, family or cohort. Please contact Brandon and Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- All programs will run in locations that reduce difficulties, chance of swims and allow for proper social distancing
- All programs will run in smaller groups with instructor ratios of 1:6 for most flatwater courses and 1:4 for most river programs
- We WILL NOT be offering rolling courses at this time although we can offer verbal feedback during any relevant program
- We will be recommending participants use their own mode of transport wherever possible
- Shuttle protocols will be strictly followed with social distancing, PPE and sanitation in place
- There will be no “Introductory” youth programing, although we will continue to run our Teen club and Super Grom Club with experienced youth
- Clean and disinfected gear will be available to participants on courses (Please confirm gear requirements and sizing prior to the course). We do however encourage with their own gear to use it.
- Course offerings in Edmonton are still evolving as we wait to see what bodies of water we have access to..
Rentals and Demos
Boat and gear rentals will be simplified to either Week-long or Weekend options. There will be strict pick-up and drop-off times to ensure efficiency and ample time for proper sanitation.
All boats and gear will be subject to an inspection and a cleaning fee. We will thoroughly sanitize all of the gear before returning it to storage. All rentals must be reserved in advance. We will only make this service available once the paddle school is ready and rolling.
You can call us in Calgary at 403 228 9283, Edmonton at 780 463 4892 or toll free at 1 877 440 9283 for more information
Please keep in mind our team is smaller this year than usual and combined with the added complexity of the pandemic, we will need to simplify our course offerings. We ask for everyone’s patience and full compliance with protocol when participating in our courses.
Yes, it’s a weird time, but we are all super excited to get on the water with you!