Werner Cyprus Kayak Paddle Review
The Cyprus is Werner's most advanced high-angle kayak paddle, with their best paddling design and construction features. You will feel exceptionally light, buoyant strokes while the smooth back face gives a quiet entrance and exit from the water. The Werner Cyprus is the smart choice for those playing or cruising with a high-angle style of kayak paddling and wanting the conservative feel of a mid-sized blade. This small shaft version gives paddlers with smaller hands better grip and weight savings.
NOTE: For custom length/offset orders, please select all variants as custom, and then provide specifics in order notes. We will contact you to confirm details once the order is received. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for custom build paddles.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||574g.||20.25oz.||200cm to 250cm in 5cm increments|
|Straight||2 Piece||634g.||22.5oz.||200cm to 250cm in 5cm increments|
|Straight||4 Piece||n/a||n/a||200cm to 260cm in 5cm increments|
|Bent||1 Piece||719g.||25.5oz.||205cm to 230cm in 5cm increments (Small Shaft only in 200cm)|
|Bent||2 Piece||719g.||25.5oz.||205cm to 230cm in 5cm increments (Small Shaft only in 200cm)|
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blades creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Dynel edges protect the paddle from the rigorous environment paddlers often find themselves in. A roping material, dynel is impact and abrasion resistant.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Smooth back face makes for cleaner entry and exit of your strokes and an elegant feel on the water.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose between carbon Straight or Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- The Smart View Adjustable ferrule is the most simple, precise fitting on the market. The solid feel of a 1-piece paddle and nothing to snag your gear. (US Patent # 6881111 )
- Although Werner's Ultimate performance paddles are far and away the best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them Werner's most impact resistant. Look to their Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
|Low Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width ( 23" - 28")||Boat Width (28" - 32")||Boat Width (over 32")|
|Less than 5'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5' - 5'6"||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5'6" - 6'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|6' and taller||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|High Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width (23" - 26")||Boat Width (26" - 28")||Boat Width (over 28")|
|Less than 5'4"||205 cm||205 cm||210 cm||210 cm|
|5'4" - 6'||210 cm||210 cm||215 cm||215 cm|
|6' and taller||215 cm||215 cm||220 cm||220 cm|