A lightweight anchor? YES. The NRS Urchin Boat Anchor is designed to be lightweight and packable, while still providing the holding power you need to steady that photo shoot, or land that lunker. Simply fill it with up to 11 pounds of rocks, gravel, or sand for weight, then When done, just empty rinse and stow.
- This lightweight innovation is easy to use and no assembly is required.
- There's no need to lug along a heavy anchor; just use local materials to add weight.
- The Urchin is perfect for fishing kayaks and other small and lightweight craft.
- The Urchin is the mid-size of these anchors, which include the Squid (holds up to 15 lbs. of weight) and Shrimp (holds up to 6 lbs. of weight). Choose the size that's best for your uses.
- The bag's diamond-shaped design causes the flukes to spread when the bag is filled for bottom-grabbing traction.
- The 10.5" flukes are made of injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene for long-lasting durability.
- When the Urchin is empty, you can turn it inside out and the flukes are stored safely inside the bag.
- It holds up to 11 pounds of ballast, weighs just 6 ounces when empty, and folds to just 12.5" x 2.5" x 2.5".
- Anchor has a wider fluke angle to grip the bottom more aggressively.
- All the materials are compatible with both marine and fresh water conditions.
|Size:||Folds to 12.5" x 2.5" x 2.5" when empty|
|Weight:||Less than 6 oz. empty, holds up to 11 lbs. of ballast|
|Flukes:||Injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene|
|Material:||Sturdy, lightweight mesh bag|