This short blog post will help STAR Paragon and Pike inflatable kayak owners easily put their kayak back in its carry bag. The video below outlines how to most easily go about repacking your STAR inflatable.
Below the video there is a short list of bullet points on how to go about making this happen
HOW TO PACK STAR INFLATABLES BACK IN THE BAG
The key with this process is dealing with the hard nylon keels in the bow and stern of the boat.
Here is how to do it:
- Lay the boat top side up and fully deflate it. Keep the valves OPEN.
- Place the bag nearby.
- At the front end of the boat, take the hard keel and fold it across the kayak. Roll it a couple of times to the centre of the boat.
- Now head to the back end of the boat. Do the same but fold the keel to the opposite side of the boat as the front one. If done correctly the hard keels will now be pointing in opposite directions (ie. one to the left and one to the right of the boat).
- Double check that the fin plate in the rear of the boat is flat with no creases. This prevents damage.
- Now, fold one end in tightly 2 times (moving towards the middle of the boat).
- Repeat at the other end. At this point the boat will be rolled tightly and the keels will now be encased in the folds.
- Continue folding to the middle until you take the fold of one end and roll it on top of the other.
- At this stage you should simply be able to lift the boat and put it back in the bag.
To be fair, it is much easier to understand this process by watching the video!
We hope this tutorial helps you easily pack your STAR Paragon, Pike, or Challenger back in its carry bag.
If you have any questions about the steps or are looking for gear and accessories for your STAR Inflatable Kayak, please don't hesitate to contact us by the methods below.