As this situation evolves super rapidly, we are having to pivot almost daily to keep up. With this in mind we have had to make the very tough decision of closing our Edmonton location until further notice.
We are continuing to service our Edmonton customers with the following:
👉Weekly to your home, contact free deliveries every Thursday
👉Full web and phone support through our Calgary location
👉Gift cards are available for purchase online and can be physically sent to you or applied as an online code (see link below)
👉Weekly online discounts (Until April 8 enter FISH10 to save 10% on ALL Kayak fishing boats and accessories)
👉Live Stream product information, kayak videos and interviews through this facebook page.
OUR CALGARY STORE REMAINS OPEN AT THIS TIME
- We only have 2 (max) staff in store at any one time and low volume of customer traffic means for no risk of any gatherings of large groups at the shop.
- Daily disinfecting of all major touch point surfaces in the shop (computers, certain displays, tills, door handles etc)
- We currently have alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for all staff and customer use. We are having a hand sanitizer station fitted in the coming days.
- Any staff members with any signs or symptoms will remain absent from work as per the government recommendations.
With the need for social distancing we have brainstormed on how we can continue to be a support to the local and greater area paddling communities.
Currently we are working on implementing the following:
- Online Live Stream product and paddling information sessions. These will be done in a forum where attendees can ask questions in real time, and will function much like an in-store interaction
- We are offering weekly ‘Contact Free’ deliveries in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Our tradeshow season has been shut down; these are normally the source of some great deals for early season paddlers. We will be offering these online shortly.
- The big one is our annual Boat Swap is cancelled. We are looking at options for doing a fun, online version of this. Stay Tuned for more information
Thanks everyone for your support and friendship over the years. We will continue to do our best to return the favor and plan on being here for many years to come. We will also practise what we preach and continue to support local businesses both in-store and online.
We hope that the aggressive measures in place make for a speedy resolution to this situation.
Stay Safe and Healthy
Simon Coward and the AQ Outdoors Team