The bent shaft Stikine uses Werner's most advanced technology in this river running kayak paddle. Decades of testing on the river have led them to designs worthy of this paddles namesake. Combined with Werner's Bomber construction for confidence for when the river fights back, it is no wonder this small shaft version of the Stikine is the paddle trusted by the world's best. The bent shaft on this kayak paddle ensures more ergonomic strokes for longer days. This small shaft version gives paddlers with smaller hands better grip and weight savings.
NOTE: For custom length/offset orders, please select all variants as custom, and then provide specifics in order notes. We will contact you to confirm details once the order is received. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for custom build paddles.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||971g.||34.25oz.||158cm to 230cm in 1cm increments.|
|Straight||2 Piece||n/a||n/a||158cm to 230cm in 1cm increments.|
|Bent||1 Piece||1042g.||36.75oz.||185cm to 200cm in 1cm increments|
- Ultimate performance brings together all of our most advanced designs.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade gives confidence for rolling and bracing, especially in aerated rapids.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- With white water specific reinforcement channels, our low-profile back face design allows for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke while maintaining strength.
- Dynel edges and Kevlar reinforcement protect the paddle from the rigors of the whitewater environment.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers or those looking for higher cadence and less fatigue on longer rapids.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose between Bomber fiberglass Straight or carbon Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- Although Werner's Ultimate performance paddles are far and away our best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them our most impact resistant. Look to our Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Feather Angle: 1-piece options- unfeathered, Right hand control or left hand control, up to 90 degrees, in 5 degree increments. 2-piece R45/0/L45 or R30/L30. R45 is our most popular in river running and R30 in play boating.
|Paddler Height Range||River Running Paddle Length||Freestyle Paddle Length|
|4'8" to 5'2"||191 cm||188 cm|
|5'2" to 5'8"||194 cm||191 cm|
|5'8" to 6'||197 cm||194 cm|
|6' - 6'3"||200 cm||197 cm|
|6'3" and taller||203 cm||197 cm|