Whitewater Kayak Paddle Complete Buying Guide
Following in the tradition of Werner's commitment to quality for whitewater paddles, comes the Odachi racing kayak paddle. Built from the ground up with a focus on race-winning performance, the Odachi promises to be the pinnacle of creek race performance. Tough as you have come to expect from Werner, and fast as they come. The bent shaft on this kayak paddle ensures more ergonomic strokes for longer days of training.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||867g.||30.5oz.||162cm to 230cm in 1cm increments.|
|Bent||1 Piece||1022g.||36oz.||190cm-203cm in 1cm increments.|
- With an increased blade to shaft offset, this blade forward design gives a more powerful catch and more verticality through the power phase.
- Greater dihedral to stabilize powerful forward strokes through turbulent conditions.
- Long blade length (49cm) provides greater leverage.
- Race inspired blade tip. Symmetrical shape for more surface area, for more efficiency when matching a more vertical race stroke. Subtle scoop for more purchase.
- Along with carbon bent and straight shafts, we've optimized materials and manufacturing techniques to obtain lower weight, remain strong and provide a comfortable flex. Less fatigue on your body overall, for the longer races.
- Because you still hit rocks when you go fast, Dynel edging is highly abrasion and impact resistant. Protecting the fine-tuned carbon blades from the elements
- NOTE. Design features that make this paddle fast, also make for a unique feel in your hands. Bracing and rolling are different. With our proven River Running line up to round out your quiver, we did not intend the Odachi to be an all around paddle.
- Although our Ultimate performance paddles are far and away our best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them our most impact resistant. Look to our Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
|Paddler Height Range||River Running Paddle Length||Freestyle Paddle Length|
|4'8" to 5'2"||191 cm||188 cm|
|5'2" to 5'8"||194 cm||191 cm|
|5'8" to 6'||197 cm||194 cm|
|6' - 6'3"||200 cm||197 cm|
|6'3" and taller||203 cm||197 cm|