Whitewater Kayak Paddle Complete Buying Guide
The Werner Surge is the long awaited, durable glass version of the well-received Odachi kayak paddle. The standard Surge has a larger surface area which allows strong, well-conditioned paddlers to really crank and get the most power out of each stroke. This design ensures you get the most power out of the 'catch' phase of the stroke which translates to more effective paddling. The bent shaft on this kayak paddle ensures more ergonomic strokes for longer distance trips.
As always, Werner's ultra durable construction will have you enjoying this kayak paddle for years to come.
NOTE: For custom length/offset orders, please select all variants as custom, and then provide specifics in order notes. We will contact you to confirm details once the order is received. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for custom build paddles.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||999g.||35.25oz.||162cm to 230cm in 1cm increments.|
|Straight||2 Piece||n/a||n/a||162cm to 230cm in 1cm increments.|
|Straight||4 Piece||1169g.||41.25oz.||194, 197, 200, 203, 206, 209 only.|
|Bent||1 Piece||1070g.||37.75oz.||188cm to 203cm in 1cm increments|
- Increased blade to shaft offset for more verticality through the power phase.
- Design offers stroke versatility for everyday use.
- Legendary bomber reliability with high impact fiberglass blades.
- Optimized flex and strength. Designed for your body to feel strain free without giving up Bomber reliability.
- Choose from Werners fiberglass Straight or carbon Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Custom shaped, low profile, reinforcement spine allows for enhanced blade maneuverability when linking several strokes and provides blade stiffness and overall strength.
- Full sized blades are and ideal fit for larger, well-conditioned paddlers.
- Feather Angle: 1-piece options- unfeathered, Right hand control or left hand control, up to 90 degrees, in 5 degree increments. 2-piece and 4-piece- R45/0/L45 or R30/L30. R30 is our most popular for river running.
|Paddler Height Range||River Running Paddle Length||Freestyle Paddle Length|
|4'8" to 5'2"||191 cm||188 cm|
|5'2" to 5'8"||194 cm||191 cm|
|5'8" to 6'||197 cm||194 cm|
|6' - 6'3"||200 cm||197 cm|
|6'3" and taller||203 cm||197 cm|