Whitewater Kayak Paddle Complete Buying Guide
Trusted on the hardest runs in the world, and those firing up the hardest line on their local run are using Werner's river running paddles. The Werner Sherpa Kayak Paddle and its larger counterpart the Powerhouse, offer Bomber reliability. This carbon version gives weight savings and a stiffer blade for the days you want to go hard. Tested and proven where it counts, hardcore kayakers choose the Werner Sherpa Kayak Paddle. The bent shaft on this kayak paddle ensures more ergonomic strokes for longer days on the water.
- Premium Performance uses material choice and manufacturing skill to allow for a perfect combination of light swing weight and stiffness. Carbon blade construction gives you our lightest swing weight option.
- The precise blade shape for a more efficient forward stroke. The moves you need to make river running, the obstacles you need to work around, made easier with Werner designs.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Custom shaped, low profile, reinforcement spine allows for enhanced blade maneuverability when linking several strokes and provides blade stiffness and overall strength
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- Optimized flex and strength. Designed for your body to feel strain free without giving up Bomber reliability.
- Choose our carbon Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- Available in carbon black.
- Feather Angle: 1-piece options- unfeathered, Right hand control or left hand control, up to 90 degrees, in 5 degree increments. R45 is our most popular in river running and R30 in play boating.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Bent||1 Piece||1021g.||36oz.||185cm to 200cm in 1cm increments|
|Feather Angle||n/a||n/a||Fixed. L or R. 0 to 90 in 5 degree increments.||n/a|
|Blade Surface Area||n/a||n/a||680 cm2||n/a|
|Blade Length x Width||n/a||n/a||46cm x 19.5cm||n/a|