The Athena's small size blades pull effortlessly through each stroke, for less fatigue in smaller paddlers. Built with Werners most advanced blade designs, you will feel exceptionally light, buoyant strokes while the smooth back face gives a quiet entrance and exit from the water. The Athena is the smart choice for smaller paddlers who have a low-angle style of paddling and want a blade to match their stature.
NOTE: For custom length/offset orders, please select all variants as custom, and then provide specifics in order notes. We will contact you to confirm details once the order is received. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for custom build paddles.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||553g.||19.5oz.||210cm to 260cm in 5cm Increments|
|Straight||2 Piece||613g.||21.75oz.||210cm to 260cm in 5cm Increments|
|Straight||4 Piece||n/a||n/a||210cm to 260cm in 5cm Increments|
|Bent||1 Piece||691g.||24.5oz.||210cm to 240cm in 5cm Increments|
|Bent||2 Piece||691g.||24.5oz.||210cm to 240cm in 5cm Increments|
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- Small-sized low angle blades are ideal for smaller paddlers looking to be gentle to their bodies, while allowing for a faster cadence to keep up with the group.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blades creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Dynel edges protect the paddle from the rigorous environment paddlers often find themselves in. A roping material, dynel is impact and abrasion resistant.
- A smooth back face makes for cleaner entry and exit of your strokes and an elegant feel on the water.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose the carbon Straight or Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
|Low Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width ( 23" - 28")||Boat Width (28" - 32")||Boat Width (over 32")|
|Less than 5'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5' - 5'6"||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5'6" - 6'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|6' and taller||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|High Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width (23" - 26")||Boat Width (26" - 28")||Boat Width (over 28")|
|Less than 5'4"||205 cm||205 cm||210 cm||210 cm|
|5'4" - 6'||210 cm||210 cm||215 cm||215 cm|
|6' and taller||215 cm||215 cm||220 cm||220 cm|