The Mammut Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver is a digital three-antenna avalanche beacon trimmed down to all the essential functions. The Barryvox has a simple interface, is easy to us and has an effective search strip width of 70 metres. The display is easy to read to buttons that are used when wearing gloves, this beacon is designed to be easy to use in both practise and, if the situation arises in a real avalanche rescue scenario.
The Mammut Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver is suitable for all backcountry users venturing into avalanche terrain.
- Length: 115 mm
- Height: 27 mm
- Width: 67 mm
- Type: Digital 3-antenna device
- Buried subject marking: mark
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- Battery type: Alkaline 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
- Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND
- Batteries included: Yes
- Weight including batteries: 210 g
- A search strip width of 70 meters. Overhauled operability and easy handling. The Barryvox ranks among the top avalanche transceivers and saves lives in an emergency.
- Reliable performance. Highly powerful search. Intuitive operation. The Barryvox helps to locate victims quickly and easily. When every second counts: Barryvox.
- The Barryvox boasts the largest receiving bandwidth and widest safely usable search strips on the market. But most important of all is its intuitive operation.
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Group test with clear instructions
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- updatable software