The Matt Biolos designed Lib Tech Lost Hydra Surfboard is built to be the most advanced small wave board in the Mayhem lineup. This short, wide board has the highest volume to length ratio of any Lost board which translates to an epic river surfboard for small flat waves or larger surfers looking for a more forgiving shortboard. The Retro fish inspired diamond tail adds stability to the rear foot but shortens the rail line for quick radical turns. The Lib Tech Lost Hydra Surfboard Eco Impact construction means that this board can take the abuse of the river while also reducing your impact on the environment.
The HYDRA is a minuscule wave monster, melding more than 25 years of developing small wave fish and mini wave hybrids.
It implements proven design details from a myriad of models like the Puddle Jumper, Bottom Feeder, Pelagic, and most recently the RNF-Retro. Built around an overall low rocker paired to an almost traditional “fish” outline, this little sea monster is a mini-wave weapon.
It features multiple magic making design elements which bring The HYDRA to life.
- On the outline, we’ve continued with the snowboard influenced “Pelagic” side cut outline.
From the original Pelagic, to the RNF-Retro and on to the new SWORD-FISH, every board featuring this outline has worked above expectations. It noticeably locks into the wave during carves and shortens the radius of turns while both gaining speed and maintaining control.
- The bottom contours feature a double concave (sitting in a single concave), with noticeable chined releases towards the rail. A design featured in our classic Bottom Feeder model. The triple concave allows the use of more curve through the rocker (which makes proper turning and vertical surfing a lot easier) by cutting through and adding lift and speed. With very wide boards, single concave bottoms easily get sticky and stay flat on the face, the chined perimeter towards the rails, add release and frees up the board from rail to rail. Making 3D rail surfing more possible, as opposed to simply skating fast on the surface, like so many traditional fish.
The tail is a split diamond, which melds the characteristics of both swallow and diamond tails.
- The notched-out center line shortens the stringer and reduces surface area behind the rear foot, to add bite and control to a wide tail.
- The double diamond tail shortens the rail line making quick and radical, power retaining turns much more manageable.
- The HYDRA uses a flat-ish deck, with full and forgiving rails. Flat decks can remain thinner and still retain volume and are more flexible (even if thick) than vee or dome decks. Flex is good in low rocker boards, keeping them pliable and forgiving.
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - ENVIRONMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
Mike Olson and our experiMENTAL division applied our 35+ years of hands on board building experience to the task of building a better surfboard. In the process we completely rewrote the book on surfboard construction. Every component we use in our ecoIMPACTO surf construction is completely new to the surf industry. Our Thermo fusion process radically minimizes resin exposure and sanding while creating amazingly durable, environmentally friendly, high performance surf structures that will free your mind and lift your surfing to new heights.
THE ECOIMPACTO RIDE "HIGH PERFORMANCE LIFE EXTENSION"
A smooth responsive and high performance ride with the feel of a crispy new polyester that lasts and lasts.
- LESS WORRY... MORE FUN
- THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL BOARD
- WONT ABSORB WATER IF YOU DO GET A DING
- REPAIRS WITH EPOXY
- ECO FRIENDLY MATERIALS AND PROCESS
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD RESIN EXPOSURE PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD SANDING PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD PAINT BRUSHES, TAPE, AND SOLVENTS
- LOW VOC PLANT BASED BIO RESIN
- RECYCLED FOAM OFFCUTS
- LONG LASTING CONSTRUCTION