Do I Need Specific Boots for Splitboarding?
Detailed Splitboard Boot Features
The backcountry is the perfect canvas for pushing boundaries—especially when it comes to developing boots. Guided by this belief, we’ve worked with Xavier de Le Rue to reimagine his signature model—and the result is nothing short of revolutionary. Built around a new hiking last, the XV features a significantly smaller footprint, a lighter design, and a neutral profile optimized for skinning, hiking, and riding. The boot’s all-new Backcountry liner provides a truly custom fit and sports a flexible toe box that offers a precise yet forgiving feel. Two BOA® dials allow you to independently adjust the upper and lower zones of the boot, further maximizing comfort and performance. And thanks to this zonal fit, you can lock your ankle and forefoot in place while allowing your leg to move within the boot when ascending. To further amplify control and response while riding and hiking, the XV sports a stiffer lasting board that enhances both torsional and lateral stability. For unrivaled traction, the boot also boasts a Vibram Eastridge sole. And to ensure it can withstand the harshest conditions, the XV features TPU welding throughout the shell, a rubber rand that protects the front of the boot, and an innovative waterproof and breathable membrane. This membrane uses a sock-like design that cradles the foot and closes at the shin to function as a gaiter. Drop in and never look back with DEELUXE’s XV.
- BOA: Dial in to a fast, effortless, precision fit with the BOA® Fit System, which delivers more explosive action and unparalleled accuracy. Boots with a dual zone BOA® configuration provide zonal adjustability so you can create a truly customized fit, for even longer days on the hill. The BOA® Fit System is engineered with high quality, durable materials and rigorously field tested – guaranteed to perform under the toughest conditions.
- Stay On Track System: Thanks to DEELUXE’s Stay on Track system, there’s no need to shun sidehilling. Armed with a lateral and a medial reinforcing element, it provides exceptional leverage and stability when traversing sidehills. And even when skinning in hike mode, the system can deliver tremendous control and response. It can also be connected to a highback using the touring strap that comes with many splitboard bindings. Say goodbye to all of your skintrack fears and sidehill slips with DEELUXE’s Stay on Track system.
- Deep Days Membrane: In the backcountry, a boot’s ability to keep your feet warm and dry is just as important as its performance. Guided by this belief, we created our Deep Days membrane. Waterproof and breathable, it features a full membrane that extends throughout the entirety of the boot. And for exceptional comfort and additional protection from the elements, its sock-like design wraps around the liner and foot and closes at the shin to function as a gaiter. Dream bigger and push further with DEELUXE’s Deep Days membrane.
- Hiker Flex: A significantly smaller footprint, a lighter design, and a neutral profile optimized for skinning, hiking, and riding.
- Backcountry Liner: The boot’s all-new Backcountry liner provides a truly custom fit and sports a flexible toe box that offers a precise yet forgiving feel.
- Flexrate: 7/10
- Backbone: This reinforced panel cradles the back of the boot to maximize durability and enhance response.
- Vibram Eastridge Sole: No matter the adventure, you can depend on the Vibram Eastridge sole. With an emphasis on traction and durability, it excels whether you’re hiking, skinning, or riding. Its proven Vibram ICETREK rubber compound is specifically engineered to endure very low temperatures and provide superior grip on cold and icy surfaces. Special climbing zones in the toe and heel area offer additional traction to make ascents safer and easier. And thanks to lugs with a self-cleaning design, the sole readily sheds snow, dirt, and rocks. Get ready to explore with the Vibram Eastridge sole.
- Rock Guard: This layer of rubber wraps around the toebox and sides of the boot, maximizing durability by providing protection from rocks and ice.
- D-Tex Waterproof Membrane: Waterproof and breathable, this membrane ensures feet stay warm and dry.
- XLS PRO: Make no compromises—that’s the motto of DEELUXE’s XLS Pro system. Designed to excel at hiking, skinning, and riding, it features two BOA® dials that allow you to independently adjust the upper and lower zones of the boot. This zonal fit creates both a hike and a ride mode—and ensures you can readily transition between them. When ascending, unlock the upper BOA® dial to allow your leg to move within the boot. This, combined with a flexible flap on the back, maximizes your range of motion and affords the comfort of a hiking boot. And when it’s time to ride, lock both BOA® dials for exceptional control and response. There’s no better way to get up—and get down—than DEELUXE’s XLS Pro system