*Updated 2020 outfitting and new forged aluminum safety and grab handles*
The 4th Generation of the most decorated freestyle/playboat design ever made takes freestyle kayaking to new heights out of the water.
Here is what you the Rock Star 4.0 Delivers:
Lightweight: Pick the boat up and youll feel what an unwavering commitment to making the worlds lightest plastic freestyle kayaks is like. On the water your moves will be snappy, easy, and youll be given every advantage that a lightweight boat can give.
Comfort: Slip into the boat and youll immediately feel how Jackson improved the comfort, foot-room, knee pockets, and the view from the cockpit.
Durable: Our perfected composite/plastic track combo for the hull support prevents oil canning and deformation of the hull. Your boat will be ready for the biggest waves, the best rock spins, or running down the river to the next playspot. The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive to any boat, youll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
Dry: Jackson has been trying to create the driest boat in the world with each generation. Zero Holes are drilled into this new Rock Star on the outside where it can leak. Compare that to 11 holes for the competitions boats (or more), and add in one of the driest cockpit rim designs possible and you can paddle without water in your boat. If you want to know how dry your gear is, paddle our Rock Star 4.0.
The most aerial boat Jackson has ever made is designed to help everyone get out of the water for the first time, or get more air than ever before for the experienced paddler. The two main venues we designed this boat to excel are on waves and in holes.
- GoPro Ready: Standard bow GoPro mount molded in for easy access and fun shooting.
- NEW knee pockets: Locked and loaded knee pockets for positive control of your kayak.
- MORE Volume: More volume than any other kayak we have made for bigger air.
- NEW seat position: Seat now with an extra 3/4 adjustability forwards.
- NEW narrower hull: Hull design is now narrower, for increased speed, and bigger air on waves.
- LIGHTER: New design and outfitting under 30 pounds- strong and light!
- NEW stern shape: Shaped stern for quick release on wave moves, and stays on the surface well.
- Durability: The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive to any boat, youll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
- Drier Ride: We have been trying to create the driest boat in the world with each generation. Zero Holes are drilled into this new Rock Star on the outside where it can leak. Compare that to 11 holes for the competitions boats (or more), and add in one of the driest cockpit rim designs possible and you can paddle without water in your boat.
- Big Air: Big Air Huge Bonuses are not only going to be easier, but well set the new standard for just how high out of the water the judges will expect a boat to go! If you are just learning to loop, this boat will launch you higher than any other design, giving you the time and air to complete your first loops. For all of the moves where air is possible, the bow and stern of this boat are carefully shaped to combine a slicey, easy-to-move-around shape with an explosive thrust upwards and a clean release from the water.
- Retentiveness: Sticking moves is not only fun, but critical in competition. The Rock Star 4.0 has the side view shape, the volume, and fast rotation speed to give you more margin for error than ever before. Less boat in green water, more in the foam, more upstream launching, and slightly narrower and more forgiving hull for landing makes sure you spend your time in the hole, not in the eddy.
- Speed: 1 longer than the Rock Star 3.0 with an adjusted rocker profile that works across more wave shapes and speeds than the previous model to allow you to drop into just about any wave with more speed and potential energy for take-offs.