Werner Ovation Bent Shaft Standard Kayak Paddle
In honor of the man who started it all, the Werner Sr. Edition Ovation is the culmination of decades of experience on the water and in the R&D room, working with composite materials and construction. The feeling on the water is fitting of the name. The design and construction of the Ovation make it far and away Werners best paddling low-angle touring model, however that does come with reduced strength. Consider your expectations of this model and if more rugged paddling and the high potential for rescue situations is in your future, compare this model to the Kalliste.
NOTE: For custom length/offset orders, please select all variants as custom, and then provide specifics in order notes. We will contact you to confirm details once the order is received. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for custom build paddles.
|Shaft Option||Pieces||Weight Grams||Weight Ounces||Length Range|
|Straight||1 Piece||461g.||16.25oz.||210cm to 260cm in 5 cm increments.|
|Straight||2 Piece||521g.||18.5oz.||210cm to 260cm in 5 cm increments.|
|Bent||1 Piece||577g.||20.5oz.||210cm to 240cm in 5cm increments|
|Bent||2 Piece||577g.||20.5oz.||210cm to 240cm in 5cm increments|
- Ultimate performance, to a higher level with the Ovation. Werner's lightest best paddling paddle has no detail overlooked, even down to the custom, small sized-light weight, drip rings.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Smooth back face and thinner edges allow for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose between carbon Straight or Neutral Bent shaft in Standard or Small Diameter.
- Reduced weight means the Ovation has reduced strength. This model is not intended for extreme conditions. Margin for error is small in rescues and re-entries, so be sure to use proper technique to avoid paddle damage..
- The Smart View Adjustable ferrule is the most simple, precise fitting on the market. The solid feel of a 1-piece paddle and nothing to snag your gear.
- Includes embroidered fleece paddle bag to help protect your paddle during transport or storage.
|Low Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width ( 23" - 28")||Boat Width (28" - 32")||Boat Width (over 32")|
|Less than 5'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5' - 5'6"||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5'6" - 6'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|6' and taller||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|High Angle Paddlers|
|Paddler Height||Boat Width (under 23")||Boat Width (23" - 26")||Boat Width (26" - 28")||Boat Width (over 28")|
|Less than 5'4"||205 cm||205 cm||210 cm||210 cm|
|5'4" - 6'||210 cm||210 cm||215 cm||215 cm|
|6' and taller||215 cm||215 cm||220 cm||220 cm|