Kayak Instructor and Retail Store Associate Position
Aquabatics Edmonton Ltd
We are looking for an instructor/associate sales team member for the 2019 summer season. We have 1 position available for a full-time seasonal (5 days per week with some evenings from April until September) role.
The right individual will have a passion for paddlesports, a willingness and motivation to learn, work as part of a great team and be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities within the role will start out primarily as learning our business, we hope the position will evolve into a role that helps our paddlesports education program grow and thrive in our new Edmonton location. Some details below:
- You will receive extensive on and off water training from some of the best in the business
- This role will have you teaching introductory kayak, SUP and Canoe sessions on local lakes and the river through the city
- Opportunities to learn more and help facilitate basic Intro to Whitewater Programs
- Time in the shop, meeting our clients, learning the gear and creating relationships with future paddlesports program participants
- Assisting in running paddlesports events at local communities
- As the role progresses having more impact through assisting with daily course admin tasks, reporting to the Aquabatics Program Coordinator
- And much more
Beneficial attributes for applicants include:
- A passion for (and experience) in paddlesports. This could be whitewater, SUP, touring, rafting and more. We are looking for people who love being on the water and are keen to share that passion.
- Kayak Instructional Experience
- Whitewater Leader 2 - Instructor 2 or equivalent
- Paddle Canada Level 2
- Retail Experience
- Ability to work Weekends and evenings
- Friendly, outgoing personality. Are you a ‘people’ person.
The successful candidate will receive excellent pay and benefits including access to free/discounted courses, deals on gear, staff events and more.
Aquabatics has a reputation for providing a fun, friendly and professional environment. By joining our team, you could have the opportunity to increase your instruction and retail skills, and take part in helping build a new kayak school. You will also have the opportunity to join on and off water staff training, staff trips, courses and much more.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Tim Shaw - email@example.com